We're looking for a Business Development Manager to join our team in London. As part of our Sales team you will be responsible for selling subscription access to WARC (www.warc.com) and The Work (www.lovethework.com) to advertising, research and media agencies in EMEA.
Key responsibilities are:
- Working with the Head of Agency Sales, EMEA to follow up on incoming leads – taking their initial interest and building on this through contact by phone, email, F2F or online meeting (for overseas prospects) – resulting in a serious sales opportunity and then on to close.
- To pro‐actively target new prospects for Warc & The Work, initiating first contact and building a relationship
- On creation of a C grade opportunity work with the senior BDM on the most appropriate way of developing this further.
- Achieve a personal NB target & work with other members of the team to grow specific accounts where suitable.
- Using our internal systems to record accurate details of our relationships with clients and prospects.
- To work closely with other members of the WARC & The Work team to create a seamless sales experience for the prospect.
Key performance indicators will include:
- No. of opportunities created
- No. of F2F meeting/demo/online meetings
- Number of outgoing activities
- Conversion of opportunities into NB
- Hitting sales targets
- Proven track record of building relationships in person, online and via phone
- Experience of demonstrating a product/service online or in person
- Experience of presenting to groups of individuals face to face
- Clear, concise communication skills
- Ability to research online prospects and make initial contact
- Ability to work on own initiative and manage a varied workload according to formal and natural deadlines
- Experience of working with CRM databases (Salesforce) and Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint)
- Drive and determination to hit targets
- Preferable sales experience in selling to brand owners.
- Understanding of the marketing/advertising industry and/or function
- Fluency in European foreign language(s) preferred
About the two products:
WARC is an online, subscription service offering advertising best practice, evidence and insights from the world's leading brands. The core focus of the business is in helping brands, agencies and media platforms to understand, measure and maximise advertising effectiveness across all channels.
Founded in 1998, WARC’s core product is a content‐rich online platform focused on media and
advertising effectiveness which contains a large number of case studies; thought leadership and best practice reports; benchmarks and rankings of advertising and media performance including the Gunn Report (the leading global ranking for creative effectiveness for campaigns, brands and
agencies); and WARC Plus which provides a bespoke Q&A service, primarily targeting Brands.
On 15th June 2018, WARC was acquired by Ascential plc, joining a cluster of businesses that serve the marketing community, including Cannes Lions and MediaLink.
The Work from Cannes Lions
Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, also known simply as Cannes Lions, is the world’s leading celebration of creativity in communications and encompasses Lions Health, Lions Innovation and Lions Entertainment.
Founded in 1954, the Festival takes place every June in Cannes, France. As the most prestigious
international annual advertising and communications awards, entries from all over the world are showcased and judged at the Festival. The five‐day Festival is the only truly global meeting place for professionals working in advertising and communications. Attendees from nearly 100 countries come to experience five days of workshops, exhibitions, screenings, master classes and high‐profile seminars presented by renowned worldwide industry leaders
The Work is a newly launched online space which collects and curates all the Cannes Lions winning creative work.