We're looking for a Legal Counsel (Commercial) to join our team in London. The Ascential Legal team has recently been re-structured to better serve the changing needs of the Group and support the business as it scales. Our team of talented individuals seeks to provide world class legal advice and to be highly valued and respected business partners. In addition to our legal skills, we aim to engage and influence the business effectively.
As part of our in house Legal team, your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing advice to the business when drafting and amending commercial contracts
- Advising on establishing and managing existing joint venture and commercial partnership arrangements
- Advising on commercial disputes, copyright and trademark issues, and assisting in managing the trademark and patent portfolio
- Instigate regular training for the business for key legal subjects and recent developments
- Maintain a report of matters worked on, regulatory requests, and key business risks
- Advising on GDPR compliance, privacy and data security issues, liaising with the group DPO as required and analysing future developments in this area as and when required
- Occasional supporting of corporate acquisitions, disposals and restructures
- Assessing legal risks in the UK, Europe, US and Asia putting in place risk mitigation strategies
- A proven track record in Commercial Law
- A trusted business partner who can add value to the business
- Strong communicator who can liaise up to the most senior levels in the business
- A keen interest in technology and how this can be used in the legal space to do thing better and faster
- Someone who can engage and build strong relationships with client groups
- A desire for personal and professional development
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Bonus, Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?